Saturday 3 November 2012

Kate Nash & The Tuts Gig


Hellooo, 

 I'd like to start with a huge apology for my lack of blog posts. I was heavy with cold and just wasn't feeling like writing about beauty when I looked like crap. Additionally I have been crazy busy with college work, personal statement, and just life! But I'm back now and will try and blog at least twice a week. 

So my dad lives in London which means I am often up doing various things, usually spending money I shouldn't. I went up Thursday and went to a relatively small pub in Dalston, East London to see Kate Nash. 

The band before Kate were called 'THe Tuts' they are unreal! I'm not too sure what genre you would put them in, maybe sort of punky? Well you can make your own mind up and listen to them Here. The band consists of three girls; 

 Nadia Javed (lead vocals & guitar) 
Beverly Ishmael (drums & percission)
and Harriet Doveton (bass guitar and backing vocals) 

They have just released their first EP which is so good so buy that here. Also follow them on twitter, Facebook, Tumblr and email them at thetuts@hotmail.co.uk 

Their style is also really cool. They dressed quite girly in dresses and sparkles yet added edge with their trainers, guitars and personalised denim jackets. 

So on to Kate Nash, her old stuff is quite pop/indie like her most famous 'foundations' listen here. However she has now changed her look and music quite a bit. She is like 'THe Tucs' rather punky and her look is sort of punky/scene. She wore a figure hugging red mini dress that had a black long sleeved mesh material at the top. Her hair was half up with blonde/ white underneath. She was also wearing a tiara which gave her a 'scene' look.



Her new music is good but as I said is very different so if you're a fan of her old music this might not be your cup of tea but I like both her new and old stuff. Check out one her new songs from the gig 'Free My Pussy'.

Again apologies for being slightly MIA but I'm back now so please follow me on twitter, Instagram and tumblr and contact me through my twitter or email  

 Stay Cool

 K xo

No comments:

Post a Comment